He has managed, operated and consulted on hundreds of hotels, resorts, motels, inns, timeshares, condo-hotels, gaming, casinos, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, special event and entertainment venues and related travel and leisure nationally and internationally. Mr. Gemberling also works as an asset manager, property manager, court-appointed receiver and provisional director for litigation, receivership, bankruptcy, and workouts.
Mr. Gemberling is certified by the Education Institute of the American Hotel and Lodging Association, Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association and National Registry of Food Safety Professionals and is a professional member of the California Receivers Forum and Food service Consultants Society International. He also earned Certificates in Hotel Real Estate Investments and Asset Management from Cornell University and Receivership Administration, Procedures and the Law from Loyola Law School Los Angeles and is listed in A. M. Best’s Directory of “Recommended Expert Service Providers.”
Consulting, Litigation Support and Hospitality Expert Witness services are available and provided across the United States, Mexico and Canada.
View sample litigation activity here. Resume provided separately.
Areas of Expertise
Including but not limited to management and operations, upkeep and maintenance, guest service issues, policies, procedures and protocols, customs and trade practices, economic and financial issues, lost income and valuation, planning, feasibility and market impact, damages and future earnings, acquisition and disposition disputes, franchise and operator contracts, landlord and tenant agreements, employment and labor including wage and hour, training and supervision, safety and security, standards of care, alcoholic beverages and food handling, preparation, sanitation and service, construction, renovation and fixtures, furnishings and equipment (ff&e).
Types of Cases
- Business Interruption
- Construction Damages
- Dram Shop and Alcohol Service
- Employment and Labor Issues
- Furnishing, Fixtures or Equipment Problems
- Foodborne Illness
- Franchise and Management Contracts
- Landlord and Tenant Disputes
- Premises Liability
- Slips and Falls
- Lost Income, Profits, and Future Earnings
- Real Estate Issues
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Termination
Read Latest Blog Articles by Hospitality Expert Witness:
– Be Mindful of Security says Hotel Expert as Travel by Females Rises
– 5 Restaurant Safety Expert Tips to Avoid Foodservice Lawsuits
– Nightclub Consultants Tips to Minimize Certain Violence and Lawsuits
– Direct Room Costs a Factor in Hotel Economist Construction Damages
– Restaurant Expert Overview of Recent Wage and Tip Credit Lawsuits
– 3 Reasons You May be Sued from a Nightclub Consultant Viewpoint
Complete a request for a “no-cost confidential” review of your particular litigation or lawsuit and I will contact you shortly.